We are currently recruiting for a receptionist to join our epic teams. Job responsibilities include:Providing a brilliant experience for all our customers
Ensuring all hostel areas are on spec
Regular cleaning duties to ensure the best standards are met
Responsibility for end of day system balancing.
Ensuring the smooth operation of the hostel and its systems.
Ensuring a safe and secure environment for guests.The successful candidate will have:Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Knowledge of property management systems (PMS/CMS) is preferred;
Creative problem solving skills;
Enthusiasm, creativity and initiative;
Excellent administrative skills;
The ability to assist in managing a small and close-knit team of staff; and
A strong commitment to customer service.
Previous experience with a similar role is an essential requirement.Who we are
Beds and Bars is a leading operator of tourist accommodation and entertainment venues in Europe. With backpacker hostels, bars and traditional British pubs, in 10 cities and seven countries, the diversity of our offer mirrors the diversity of our customers.
At the core of what we do are the four cornerstones of the experience we strive to deliver - one that is Safe, Secure, Fun and Value for money. When we get this right, the beds fill the bars and the bars fill the beds.
We seek to enhance, develop and enrich our team, and customers alike. We never lose sight of the important people in our lives. The fun factor of life is our priority.5 Reasons to work for us:1. IIP - Beds and Bars is the ONLY hospitality company in the UK to have achieved the highest level (Platinum) for Investors in People (IIP)
IIP asses companies across the UK to award them their status based on their effectiveness in leadership, development, employee feedback and supporting employees
2. CAREER PATHWAY - Beds and Bars is a firm believer in the bar to boardroom strategy. Come and join us and we will give you training and skills for life. Work from bar team to GM, from KP to head chef, from supervisor to head office. Whatever your route, we will support you along the way.
3. TRAINING - Our award winning Footsteps training program starts on day one of you joining us, we have crafted our training to match our career pathway and ensure you receive the highest of quality training programs throughout your career with us. Check out our website for more details
4. TEAM CULTURE - As proven by our IIP award our employee culture is one of excellence. Our open culture does not conform to the usual hierarchy. Everyone has our CEO's number if they want to contact him.
5. R&R - Beds and Bars has an excellent reward and recognition scheme. Below you can find the details of all the staff perks you can enjoy:- 50% off stays at our accommodation at any of our sites across UK/EU
- Discounted stays at any EFH (Europe's Famous Hostels)
- 30% off of stays throughout Asia via Madmonkeys hostels
- 50% off all food at any site (for staff and their family)
- 50% off all drinks at any site (also for family/friends)
- Bespoke E-learning training programme recognised throughout Europe - 12 new skills that can be added to your CV
- Free care/counselling and mental healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Cash rewards for finding new employees
- Employee of the month/quarter/year with cash rewards
- Ski trips
- Sailing trips
- Flying lessons
- 5 paid charity working daysJob responsibilitiesHere at Beds and Bars we hire the people and train the skills, as long as your passion is in customer service and delivering epic service on a day to day businessWe do however have some must have legalities: