37.5 – Rota over 7 days
Overview This is an exciting opportunity within an expanding and dynamic department for a motivated individual looking to work within Hays Tour Operations.
Role Summary The sales team focus on selling tailor made holidays and delivering first class customer service to both internal and external customers. As a sales executive you will sell package holidays with varying components, including flights, hotels, transfers and cruise, on a business to business basis, but will also have the ability to sell direct to customers should business needs warrant this.
• Creating and selling tailor made travel packages using All Hays products
• Delivering a first class customer service experience to all customers, obtaining repeat business
• Working towards, and striving to exceed, agreed individual and team sales targets and other KPI’s
• Attending training workshops and supplier visits, including overseas educational visits, in order to continuously develop product knowledge
• In depth Knowledge of all cruise products.
• Liaise with ground suppliers to obtain rates, availability and for all special requests.
• Remain flexible to meet the needs of the Business
• Provide Feedback to the Team Leader
Qualifications & Experience
• Previous sales experience with proven track record
• Deliver exceptional customer service to all people
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent selling skills with the ability to achieve individual and team sales targets
• The ability to negotiate and achieve desired outcomes as agreed with Line Manager
• Appropriately assertive with a wide range of people
• Analytical and problem solving skills with a can do attitude
• Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
• Strong administration skills with excellent time management skills
• Knowledge of internal/external selling systems
• Enthusiastic and proactive with the ability to work independently (self - motivated) and as part of a team
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
• Has worked within teams based at various locations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to liaise with staff at all levels
• Effective motivational skills and the ability to remain positive and professional at all times
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company. You will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times and that others follow this standard. You will show your ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our values in the workplace.
• To undertake any other duties that fall into the job criteria
• To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health & Safety
• To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect
• This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved