£9.70 an hour. Be a Chocolate Tour Guide at one of Edinburgh’s newest tourist attractions in the Old Town!
Full training will be given but your main duties will be to...
- give tours to visitors, telling them all about the origin of chocolate and how it is made, helping them make chocolate and guiding a tasting session
- serve customers in the gift shop
- clean and tidy up after the tours and prepare for the next tour
Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
The training process will involve getting to know, and becoming an expert in chocolate and the chocolate production process.
What we are looking for...
You must be...
- enthusiastic, friendly and able to provide a wonderful, unforgettable experience for visitors
- hardworking (chocolate is messy and there is a lot of cleaning involved)
- a pleasure for colleagues to work with
- adaptable and flexible – we are a start-up company and this is an essential mindset
- a C1 or above level of English
You must have experience...
- in a customer-facing role
- managing groups of people (as a guide or teacher for example)
It is an advantage if...
you have worked as a Tour Guide
you have worked as an English Teacher
you have worked with children
you speak a second language
you have experience in a retail environment
To apply, please send your CV with a short answer to these questions...
1. When are you available to start?
2. What is your current work/study situation (e.g. student, looking for a part-time job, looking to change job)?
3. What experience do you have with being a tour guide (or comparable job)? Can you manage a group?
4. How many hours per week are you ideally looking for?
5. What days/times are you generally available to work?
Good luck with your application!